Okay, cool things first.
My brother & I were asked to lead out in some praise & worship songs at church today. The worship leader had asked us a few weeks back. Well, probably the week after she'd asked, the lightbulb went on our church projector. Since then, we've been without some of our regular media technology (ie: hymns on big screen). The music at church has been for the most part, kinda dry lately too. There have been a few highlights this year (and it's definitely a vast improvement over the musical atrocities of last year), but the praise & worship part was practically nonexistant. So, I was happy when I was finally asked to participate, and eagerly agreed. My one motto for this week was "NO HYMNS!". Don't get me wrong--I love hymns, but it was time for a change.
The church responded so well today! The singing was just beautiful. Oh, and I'd spoken to my youth pastor, and he found a cord to run from the audio/visual booth computer to the front, where they could connect it to another projector. Praise the Lord! These people sang so well that it almost seemed as though they've been storing it up for a rainy day or something. Music is something that touches everyone on one level or another. You just can't take the risk of screwing it up.
The ugly for today: an interview gone awry. I was shown this link this evening. A tv host decided to get stupid during a satellite interview with Tyler Perry & Janet Jackson as they were promoting the new film "Why Did I Get Married?". You've got to see the link. One thing that annoyed me was that out of 3 anchors sitting in on the satellite interview, not one of them tried to stop the one guy from running his mouth. In fact, the female anchor was urging him on in his nonsense. Had I been the station manager, I so would've fired them on the spot. In fact, probably on air for their callousness. Then, in the apology spot, again, the guy was pathetic. And the same female anchor had nothing constructive to contribute. I'm still shaking my head. This entire incident could've been much uglier than it was.
Anyhoo, that's it for the moment. Still enjoying the praise & worship singing experience from today. When you have great music, it helps to set such a beautiful tone on the entire service. Singing is only one aspect of praise and worship. And the rest of the service afterwards totally reflected that. Hopefully this positive trend will continue!
