Deep breath to push with the next contraction. Deep breath to slow down heart rate after exercising. Deep breath before uttering a heartfelt and honest confession aloud. Deep breath to slow down the sobs and the stream of tears. Deep breath to just relax and take a minute.
I take a deep breath to inhale the scent of mint hot chocolate. I take a deep breath just because I can. Thank God for good lungs--not everyone has a pair that function so well. I also take a deep breath just before changing a foul diaper. Whew--those can be nasty!
Deep breathing means reaching down deep inside of yourself. Like pulling the air out from your toes and going forward. A deep breath is also sometimes referred to as a cleansing breath. Try it right now.
Inhale deeply.
....................
Exhale deeply.
See what I mean? It's one of the easiest way to take a pause, a mini-break, even when you don't have a full minute to sit down. It's a great tool to use to help you slow down and just reflect. An entire prayer can be said as you breath deep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm really enjoying these five minute posts. I look forward to the next topic, because I know that I will be challenged differently than I usually am during the rest of the week. If you'd like to play along:
1--Just write for five minutes flat. Throw all caution, grammar, editing & second-guessing to the wind and just write freely for five minutes. Set a timer; it helps.
2--Go visit, read and encourage someone else. I was inspired by Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama--thank you! (or click on the button below)

