Unexpected. The things that happen every day of my life. Sure, I wake up each day with a plan, an idea of how I think my day could play out. And each day, something else happens. It's never according to my schedule, to my imaginary blueprint. And that's okay. Usually it's better than what I first expected.
Unexpected. The journey you're taken on when you choose to walk by faith and not by sight. It's a hard choice to make. I know I often waver in that choice. But I firmly believe that it's the best choice.
You never expect the hard times. Sure, you hear about them from others and your pray that they don't happen to you. But then the enemy hits you with temptations tailor made to suit you, to fit you like a glove, almost. Things that wouldn't bother anyone else get under your skin. You never expect the failures, the doubts, the regrets, the second guesses.
All that can change. And a beautiful, transforming, unexpected moment can happen.
You can surrender it all to God. He'll take your stuff, your mess and reshape it. You can be renovated so that even the people around you no longer recognize you.
That's the unexpected that I'd like to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why don't you join us? I'll admit that in this post, I encountered something unexpected. I struggled from the opening line. The words were flowing, I just wasn't sure if that's what I wanted to write. But, I'm surrendering. It's great.
The "rules" (loose application of the word) are very simple. Write freely, no strings attached for 5 minutes. When you're done, hit publish. You're welcome to link up. Please do leave a comment on a blog or a few blogs who have linked up before you.

