Thursday, January 05, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Roar

Ha ha ha!  This prompt made me laugh, almost roar, with laughter.

I'm working to intentionally tone down all roaring in my life.  At least in the areas where I have control.  I don't need to be roaring angrily at my children, no matter how mentally tired or frustrated or unsure I may be.  I'd rather enjoy the roar of their giggles and shrieks of delight.

The days of being busy from the first seconds I awake until I literally drop into my bed at night are few and far between.  That's my goal.  I don't need the loudness of business and constant stream of sounds.  In fact, sometimes I'm too busy to hear the sounds properly--they usually just go in one ear and out the other.  I'd prefer the roar of silence.  More stillness, more serenity.

I tend of think of loud, vocal noise when I hear "roar".  I'm not loud.  Yet, I'm realize that the way I live my life, the love I show to those around me, the choices I make are indeed loud. 

My actions are a roar.
*****************************************************************
First post of 2012.  Join us this year.  You're free to jump in at any time.  All you need is 5 minutes to pour yourself out in written format.  Typos, incorrect grammar and odd phrasing are welcome.