Daughter. Wife. Mommy. Musician. Writer. Encourager. Friend. Teacher. Prayer Warrior. Listening Ear. Woman.
Those are some mighty powerful words that first come to mind. But is that who I am? Is that my identity? Or does it go one step farther. All those are roles that I step into at the drop of a hat. Actually, most often, I'm piling on the hats in comfy layers--there's rarely any time to transition smoothly between roles.
But when I have a few minutes to myself, whether lying in bed at night or a quick bathroom break behind a locked door, who am I?
My identity is much more than what I do. While I don't have any answers, I most certainly have a great Guide and Leader. I can't get overwhelmed and consumed by my actions. Should something happen, and all the things "to do" are torn away from me, and my life was all I had, would that be enough?
I was created by a loving God who has some wildly crazy and fantastic plan for me. Just for me. Part of that plan includes the free gift of life everlasting. No matter how hard I try, no matter how many hats I wear, I cannot put a price on that gift. All I can do is accept it. God says to trust Him; that His ways are much bigger than anything my mere mortal mind can understand. All those roles are good, but it's not the end--they're simply part of the journey. I'm encouraged to work hard in all that I do. To strive for the best. My life is to be an example to others.
Who am I?
I am Yours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're looking for an escape, for a chance to just exhale, why not try this exercise? Set a timer for 5 minutes and just start writing about today's topic: 'identity'. See where your thoughts take you, where you're led. Click below to share yours and to read others.

